Update added by user Feb 01, 2015
It turns out that the person I spoke to originally was the ASSISTANT store manager.I called the store again and spoke to the manager this time.
He contacted the warehouse and set up delivery, albeit on a Wednesday, and I have finally received all of my furniture.The manager also refunded the $100 delivery charge.
Update added by user Jan 17, 2015
The store manager was supposed to have arranged for delivery of my furniture today, January 17.
I called the warehouse this morning to make sure my furniture would be here today.I learned that not only is my delivery NOT scheduled for today, it isn't scheduled AT ALL.
Here it is, the middle of January, and I still don't have three of the pieces of furniture that I have already paid for.NEVER in my entire life have I EVER been screwed around as much as I have been by Royal Furniture.
Original review posted by user Jan 11, 2015
My wife and I bought over $3000 worth of furniture from Royal in early November of 2014. Today is January 11, 2015, and we still haven't received everything.
When we went to the store, we found what we were looking for. We were never approached by a salesperson - I had to go find one. The salesman we ended up working with was friendly enough, and was good at his job. We're not displeased with the furniture or with the salesman's job, once we were finally able to get some help.
The bulk of the furniture was delivered 10 days after the purchase. I wanted it sooner, but it's the date we were given. Royal charges in excess of $100 for delivery, and they deliver it when THEY get ready. I wasn't given a time or even a time frame on when the delivery would be made. Not even morning or afternoon. I was just told they would be at my home on a certain date. My wife and I both work full-time, so my wife had to *** work to take delivery of our furniture.
Two pieces were backordered. I had to call the store repeatedly over the span of nearly two months before someone finally told me the pieces would arrive at the warehouse the first week of December. I had to call again after Christmas to ask where my furniture was. Finally, I was told they would be delivered on Friday, January 9. Again, my wife and I were working. Again, I was not given a time, time frame, or part of the day to expect delivery.
My father said he would be home that day and, since he lives a couple of miles from my house, he said he would meet the delivery people. I received an automated telephone call at 2:33 PM, which said my delivery would arrive in 10 minutes. Ten minutes! How can anyone reasonably expect someone who has to work for a living to wait around all day for a delivery, only to be given ten minutes' notice? I called my dad told him the delivery was on the way. He left and went to my house.
I called him about 30 minutes later and asked him if the furniture had made it. He said he was still waiting, so I called the warehouse. The lady I spoke with said she had a call out to the delivery driver and that he would call me. About 20 minutes later, she called back and said that they were at my house, no one was there, and they left. She then asked me what days I was off work and she would reschedule the delivery for one of those days. I, like most working class people, am off on Saturday and Sunday. She told me the earliest she could have my furniture delivered was next Saturday.
I found a card in my mailbox which said that the delivery truck was at my house from 2:35 till 2:40. This, after receiving a call at 2:33 stating my delivery would arrive in 10 minutes, is totally, completely, utterly unacceptable.
I called the store manager and explained to him everything that had happened since my wife and I bought and paid for the furniture over two months ago. To his credit, the manager was sympathetic and told me that while he had no control over what happened at the warehouse, he had complete control over what happened at his store. He told me he would refund, in full, the delivery charge for my order. He also asked that when my furniture did arrive to call the store and request to speak to him personally so he would know I had received everything.
The selection at this store is decent. The treatment you get from the staff is hit-or-miss. The warehouse and delivery system is terrible. I'll save myself the headaches and do business elsewhere next time.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Delivery system
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have rent to own from Aaron in Holyoke ma now my first estimate is $1,537.21 them went come to sing the contract the value came to $1,736.41 a the..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "Leased a vehicle and 2 weeks later it died in the middle of the intersection after the radiator cooling fans stopped working, the air conditioning stopped working, the gas..."
- "HI, I ORDERED A NIKON D5500 FOR $529.00 THEN WHEN I CALLED TO CHECK ON THE ORDER THEY TOLD ME I WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH THE US VERSION FOR..."